Friday, November 9, 2007

PAGE 64

pag 64

1. Choose the correct alternative.
1. I think I go / I’ll go to South Africa for my next holyday.
2. At the weekend, I usually like / I’ll usually like playing tennis.
3. A: Can you phone me later?
B: Yes, I don´t forget / I won´t forget.
4. I´m really tired. I think I go / I’ll go to bed.
5. What time do you / will you get up at the weekend?
6. Do you think it´s / it’ll be sunny tomorrow?
7. Tina often arrives / will arrive late for school.
8. A: Would you like sugar in your coffee?
B: Yes, I have / I’ll have two, please.

2. Complete the sentences using ‘ll / won´t and a verb from the box.
- close – not/forget – have – help – pay – phone – stay – not/walk – come
It´s cold in here. I think I’ll close the window.
1. A: What would you like?
B: I will have a ham sandwich, please.
2. I promise I won’t forget to buy some milk.
3. A: Where’s Dan?
B: I don’t know. I phone him now.
4. I won’t walk home today – it’s too wet.
5. A: Do you want to go out tonight?
B: No, I think I will stay in.
6. Thanks for the money. I will pay you back tomorrow.
7. A: This homework is too difficult.
B: I will help you.
8. A: Do you want to come with us to the free concert?
B: No, I don’t think I will come. It finishes too late.

3. Put the words in the correct order.
I haven’t got enough money to go on holiday.
1. The food was too hot to eat.
2. There isn´t enough sugar in my tea.
3. It’s too far to walk home from here.
4. She’s not old enough to get married.
5. There were too many people in the pool.
6. Don´t eat too much chocolate.
7. There aren’t enough shop assistants in this department store.
8. She always eats her dinner too quickly.

4. Make one sentence from two.
We couldn’t swim in the river. It was too cold.
The river was too cold for us to swim in.
1. I can’t carry this suitcase. It’s too heavy.
This suitcase is too heavy for me to carry.
2. We couldn’t sleep in the hotel. It was too noisy.
The hotel was too noisy for us to sleep.
3. I can’t eat this food. It´s too spicy.
The food is too spicy for me to eat.
4. Nobody could do the homework. It was too difficult.
The homework was too difficult for anybody to do.
5. I can’t reach the top shelf. It’s too high.
The top shelf is too high for me to reach.

5. Look at the answers and write the questions using the prompts.
(you / at the weekends)
A: What do you like doing at the weekends?
B: I like going shopping with my friends.
1. (you / for you next holiday.
A: Where would you like to go for your next holiday?
B: I’d like to go to Costa Rica.
2. (your street)
A: What is your street like?
B: It´s quiet but there’s a lot of rubbish.
3. (your cat)
A: What does your cat look like?
B: She’s small and completely white.
4. (you / do this evening)
A: What would you like to do this evening?
B: I’d like to see that new film.
5. (your news shoes)
A: What kind of shoes have you bought?
B: They´re red and they’ve got very high heels.

6. Put the letters in the correct order.
Tokyo is the capital of Japan.
1. I couldn’t dry my hair because my hairdryer was broken.
2. I travelled in the desert last year but it was too hot for me.
3. You should keep ice cream in the freezer.
4. I love diving in the Pacific Ocean.
5. I do too much washing-up. I need a dishwasher.
6. If I’m not in, leave a message on my answerphone.
7. We set off at 6a.m. and reached the top of the mountain at 1p.m.

POSTED BY: GROUP

No comments:

our blog