Wednesday, November 21, 2007

5.Review and practice.

5. Review and practice.

1. Rewrite these sentences using should(n`t), can(`t) or (dont`t) have to.
It`s a good idea to enjoy a gym if you want to get fit.
You should join a gym if you want to get fit.
In the UK it is necessary to wear seatbelts in the back of a car.
In the UK you have to wear seatblts in the back of a car.
it`s possible for me to do my homework while I watch TV.
I can´t do my homework while I watch TV
It`s good idea to go to Germany to improve your German.
You should go to Germany to improve your German
it`s necessary to show your student card to get a reduction.
You should show your student card to get a reduction
it`s not necessary to drive me to the airport. I`ll get a taxi.
You don´t heve to drive me to the airport. I get a taxi
it`s not a good idea to drink coffe just before you go to bed.
You shouldn´t drink coffe just before you go to bed
it`s not possible for me to finish this report today.
I can´t finish this report today


2. Five of these sentences have mistakes en them.
Find the mistakes and correct them.
You don`t have take the dog for a walke.X
You don`t have to take the dog for a walk.


1. I can`t to lift this box. It`s really heavy.
I can`t lift this box. It`s really heavy.
2. Do he have to work this weekend?
Does he to work this weekend?
3. You should change your office chair. It`s not good for you back.
4. They doesn`t have to wear school uniform.
They don´t have to wear school uniform.
5. Do you should take a coat with you?
should you take a coat with you?
6. Can you help me paint the hall this weekend?
Can you help me to paint the hall this weekend?
7. Are you sure you have take all your certificates to the interview?

3. Complete the following sentences with for or since.
I`ve known Susie since we were at primary school.

1. She`s lived in London for years!
2. We haven`t had this car for very long.
3. They`ve worked since 2005.
4. I`ve had this watch since last summer.
5. Ken and Jo have gone out together for nearly a year.

4. Read the situations.Put the information into one sentence using the Present Perfect Simple.
Sam works for our company. He joined six months ago.
Sam has worked for our company for six months.

1. I play the guitar. I learnt when I was a child.
I have played the guitar since I was child.
2. My parents live in Bristol. They moved there in April.
My parenth have lived in Bristol since April.
3. I have a dog. I got him two years ago.
I have had a dog for two years.
4. I know jack quite well. I met him in October.
I have known jack quite well since octuber
5. Ten years ago they had a holiday. They didn`t go on holiday after that.
They have been in holiday
6. She drives a car. She passed her driving test in 2001.
she has driven a car since in 2001
7. I study English. I started studying three years ago.
I have stuied English for three years
8. He saw Angie five years ago. He didn`t see her after that.
He have see Angie for five years

5. Find and correct the mistakes in five of these sentences.
I didn`t use like my piano teacher. X
I didn`t use to like my piano teacher.
1. They used to go to the same school.

2. Did you use play football at school?
Did you use to play football at school?
3. She didn`t to get good marks at school.
She didn`t get good marks at school.
4. Where you use to live before you came here?
Where do you use to live before you came here?
5. He didn`t use to enjoy golf very much.

6. I used like my job more than I do now.
I used to like my job more than I do now.
7. Did you use to eat a lot of junk food?
8. My parents didn`t use have a television.
My parents didn`t use to have a television.


6. Choose the correct alternatives.

1. My parents are middle-aged/-ages now.
2. He used to be a heavy/big smoker.
3. Mick and Joanne got/had engaged last week.
4. I got on/in touch with an old friend via the website.
5. I haven`t seen Bill for ages. We lost/missed touch when he went abroad.
6. I was a well-behaved teenager. I never rebelled on/against my parents.
7. I’d like to get a piece/place of my own when I`m old enough.
8. I think it`s good to be mentally action/active at all stages of your life.

Posted by: group

No comments:

our blog