Wednesday, November 21, 2007

2. Review and practice.

2. Review and practice.

1.Complete the sentences using the past simple.

I learned to play the piano when I was a child.
My father taught me. (learn/teach)
1. he sold old computer and bought a new one. (sell/buy).
2. my grandmother fell on the pavement and broke her arm. (fall/break).
3. I was on a special diet last week. I only ate
4. fruit and I only drank water. (eat/drink).
5. when we were on holiday last year, I took a lot of photos. (be/take).
6. I went to a concert last night and saw two really good bands. (go/see).

2.Complete the dialogues with the Past Simple of the verbs in the boxes.


say do go think meet not/like


A: What did you do (you) last week?
B: On Friday evening, (1) said my friend Natalia and we (2) thought to see a film. I (3) met it was a really good film but Natalia (4) not liked it. She (5) went it was boring.


stop like not/like hate be live

A: where (6) were you (you) born?
B: In Scotland. I (7) lived in the countryside when I was a child.
A: (8) liked you (you) it?
B: No, I (9)not like it. I (10) hated the weather because it never (11)stopped raining!

3.Agree or disagree using so, neither or short answer.

A: I`ve got a headache.
B: (agree) So have I.
1. A: I thought that coat was very expensive.
B: (agree)so do I.
2. A: I didn`t like her last single.
B: (disagree) neither did I.
3. A: I`m doing my homework at the moment.
B: (agree)so am I.
4. A: I don`t go swimming much.
B: (agree) neither do I.
5. A: I`ve got really noisy neighbours.
B: (disagree) I haven`t.
6. A: I went to a great restaurant last weekend.
B: (agree).so did I.

4. Complete the sentences using the Present Perfect Simple.

Susie has seen The Lord of the Rings five times at the cinema! (see)
1. I haven`t heard of the band. (not hear)
2. have you run ever a marathon? (you/ever/run)
3. I have to Carnival in Brazil twice. (be)
4. have you broken ever your leg? (you/ever/break)
5. She`s nervous because she hasn`t ridden a horse before. (not ride)
6. have you done any climbing before? (you/do)
7. I worked all over the world. (work)
8. have you downloaded ever music from the internet? (you/ever/download)

5. Choose the correct alternatives.

A: Hello. I`d like to apply for the job of sales assistant.
B: Well, I hope you had/ `ve had the right kind of experience. (1) Did you do/Have you done this kind of job before?
A: Yes, I (2)did/have.
B: Where?
A: Well, I (3) had/`ve had some experience in a record shop.
B: Oh, really?
A: Yes, I (4) worked/`ve worked there two years ago.
B: (5) Were you/ Have you been a sales assistant?
A: No, I (6) wasn`t/haven`t. I (7) was/`ve been a cleaner.
B: Oh, I`m sorry. We need someone who (8) had/`s had experience as a sales assistant.

Posted by: group

No comments:

our blog